LEO MIGHT GET ADOPTED SOON!!!!!
A woman from WY came with her husband and dog to meet Leo on Saturday. Leo loved the dog, Lola, and the people. Lola was pretty stressed out to be around a shelter so she wasn't wanting to interact a lot. But the people still loved him and put an application down on him.
My manager and I are going to do the home check this week. It is about a hour drive, and it just snowed here... so hopefully the roads are okay. We are thinking that we don't want to have them or us make another trip so we are going to bring Leo with us, and if everything goes well, we will finish the adoption there and leave him with them. My manager also wants to bring along Rhino, another pitty of ours so that if for some reason Leo doesn't work out, we can try Rhino at the same time and if they want they can adopt him instead. They liked Rhino a lot, but are concerned about him with the cats. Leo is better around cats but higher energy than Rhino.
The home check is going to be either Wednesday or Friday. I am really excited and hopeful that everything works out. Leo deserves this.
I am going to miss this little bugger. My manager is totally in love with him as well so we are surely going to cry when he we hand him over. We also told them that we would be willing to dogsit him ALWAYS.
So keep your fingers crossed for Leo. He is about to start his new life pretty soon, and I can only hope that I have prepared him enough.
1 comment:
Yay for Leo! He is so lucky to have had you as a foster home while he waited for his forever family!
Post a Comment