My dad always likes taking Sport on his morning walks with him. They leave at seven in the morning, while I am still asleep.
Yesterday morning, about a mile away from our home, two off leash dobermans spotted and chased after my dad and dog. Sport panicked and slipped his collar, running for his life towards the main road. My dad didn't chase after because he was afraid that the dobies would come after them. Finally, once the two dogs went back to their owner, my dad ran towards the road but Sport was already gone.
My father searched for fifteen minutes along the road before heading home to get me and a car. He felt so bad.
Imagine his surprise upon returning home and finding Sport sitting in our front yard! My little man had run across two main roads and over a mile to get home. Sport was ridiculously happy to see my dad and was jumping around like a madman.
I am so glad that it was a holiday and no one was on the roads. I gotta say, I am surprised that Sport knew how to get home. He curled up at my feet all morning and slept like a baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment