Monday, November 3, 2008

Puppies...

I almost forgot why I try to not foster puppies. Don't get me wrong, puppies are the cutest things ever, but my new foster dog Leo, a 6-7 month old puppy, is CRAZY!

As soon as I brought him home, Sport and Leo were hellbent on destroying my home. Sport realized that he was faster and more agile than Leo, so he would run under the glass coffee table, through chair legs, behind the tv and over the couches to play "chase." Leo, who I am convinced is part puppy/part horse, would clod around behind Sport crashing into the glass coffee table, knocking over chairs, through the wires behind the tv, and over all of us on the couches. I sent them outside and Sport quickly taught Leo how to dig and then they munched on grass in between crazy chase sessions.

Leo gets into everything. I am apparently horrible at puppy-proofing and every time I turn my back he has something else in his mouth. Shoes, blankets, dog beds, trash, tablecloths, couches... I can not let my guard down for a second(currently he and Sport are in the yard running around like fools).

He and Sport are getting along fairly well. Sport likes to play with him a lot. I think the weirdest thing is what is going on with Sport. With his other doggy friends, he likes to play chase or play with toys and tug. With Leo, he wrestles. At first I was scared that he was hurting Leo because Leo is quiet, but Sport sounds like a Tasmanian Devil. However, they just continue to wrestle until I chase them outside. It is odd though, becase Leo always puts himself on the bottom so it looks like Sport is a big tough dog.

It's a good thing puppies are so darn cute. I can't imagine putting up with this otherwise. People who want dogs that stay puppies forever are crazy. But at the same time, I think someone should take Leo home soon cuz he really is funny and adorable.

Things the Leo is still learning about:
-Screen doors (he's crashed into it more than once...)
-Oven doors (There's a dog in the oven!!!!BARKBARKBARK)
-Stairs (his horse part doesn't like it)
-Dachshunds


Little Leo

Sport is a mean foster brother... haha

No comments: