Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Introducing the Boyfriend, the Maddog, and the PLAN

As you probably know by now, I am a consummate dreamer. Hey, that's the title of my blog, right? However, being a dreamer, I'm not usually one for concrete plans for the future. I like to think about what ifs, not what will. Unfortunately, no longer the fast paced single gal that I once was, plans are all I have at the moment.



This is the Boyfriend ('s feet) and Maddie a.k.a Maddog. They both live in Arizona. The Boyfriend graduates in December and is planning to move out here in January to live with Sport and me. It will definitely be a full house with two people and two dogs, but I am very excited. The Boyfriend also has plans to attend medical school so depending on where he goes, that where be where I look for a job after I graduate. We're just planning away here.

It's strange for me to ever think about where I want to be and what I want to do. In high school and college, it was so easy to say, "I want to go to vet school." People would oooh and ahhh and congratulate you on your ambitions. But no one would ever ask you what you wanted to do after that. Vet School. The end.

Unfortunately, (and fortunately!!) life does not end at vet school. Now that I am in it, one cannot just be satisfied with the generic "vet school" answer. Questions are beginning to pop up like, "Where do you want to practice?" or "What kind of animals do you want to treat?" More difficult ones like "What do you hope to accomplish in your career?" and "Do you want to start a family?" begin to haunt me.

When I got accepted into vet school, my life changed more drastically than I ever imagined. I have to begin planning for my future and it honestly terrifies me. Thinking years in advance makes me nervous. I would rather just dream about what ifs and wouldn't that be nice (nices?)...

As of right now, the furthest I am looking ahead is January of next year when the Boyfriend and dog move in. That's enough planning for me.

No comments: